Sunday, October 28, 2007

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

I feel like I haven't written much about Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and I thought this article I read was really interesting. The show will reach its 100th episode in November. For anyone who doesn't know, the show demolishes and rebuilds homes for people who have faced some kind of hardship. According to the executive producer of the show, Denise Cramsay, decisions for choosing the families for the show are based on two criteria. “I break it down to desperation and deserving. We are looking for families who need a new home and are unable to get that home for themselves, either because of financial reasons, disease or tragedy,” she told the Orlando Sentinel. “There has to be some level of give-back to the community. If I’m going to go to the community, I have to be able to say, ‘The family has done so much for you.'" She added, “More often than not, we find our families through nominations from communities, schools, churches, social workers, government agencies. It can never hurt to call attention to another’s problem and try to get them help."

Tonight's episode will feature a family that has lived without heat, water and electricity on an Indian Reservation. They will have their home rebuilt with modern "green" amenities. The show is aired on ABC at 8.

No comments: