Thursday, November 1, 2007

Cheers & Jeers

I'm sure you've all heard of the very popular Cheers and Jeers section of the TV Guide. For those of you who don't know, this section of the TV Guide is written by Bruce Fretts. It reviews all of the bad (jeers) and the good (cheers) of that week's TV shows. There were recently a couple of interesting jeers that I thought I should share.

  • Jeers to The Hills- "for a lackluster episode." Frett thought that this week's episode dedicated too much of its time to Whitney and Lauren's "boring" job at Teen Vogue and the argument between Heidi's fiance Spencer and Launren's ex Brody. Frett ends it by saying "What good is a guilty pleasure if you don't feel bad about yourself after consuming it?"
  • Jeers to NBC's Phenomenon- "They should have called it fiasco," Frett wrote. He thought the mentalists on teh show performed stunts that were just too underwhelming that the audience didn't even know when to applaud.

I didn't get a chance to watch Phenomenon yet, but I'm surprised that it's been getting bad reviews. It seemed like a very good idea for a new reality show. I guess they just couldn't pull it off. I'll have to watch it and find out for myself.

No comments: