Friday, October 26, 2007

Gavin Beasley speaks out about The Hills

If there is anything more fascinating to The Hills fans than the conflicts between Heidi, Spencer, and Lauren, it's how real or fake the show is. Gavin Beasley, the model/actor who went on a date with Lauren on Monday's episode, tells Best Week Ever (another reality show on VH1) that the entire show was set up and largely contrived. He told the show on VH1 that the experience represents "some of the best acting I've ever done." Beasley announced on VH1 that everything was set up, from the producers telling him to ask Lauren for her number to the date to the rented house that was used as a set. He even explained that the producers told him what to talk about on their date. Beasley admitted that the whole scene they filmed with Brody was also a complete set up. The producers told him "the audience would get a kick out of seeing ‘the ex’ talking to ‘the new guy’." Brody was even apologetic about the scene they had to shoot, where Brody was talking smack behind Gavin's back, Gavin said. Brody told Gavin it makes good television so he had to say what he did. "I actually feel like I had more of a relationship with my MTV contact than I ever did with Lauren," Beasley explained.

All I can say is that Best Week Ever scored big time with this interview. It's probably one of the most insightful things I've heard about behind the scenes at The Hills. I mean, don't get me wrong I've watched the show on many occasions and even enjoyed it, but this information is kind of disappointing to me. I always figured it was somewhat scripted, but not this much. It just goes to show you how the reality really is behind the reality shows.

No comments: