Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Bachelor Fans...

The 11th season finale of The Bachelor was the first time any bachelor contestant finally decided that the women selected by producers weren’t good enough for him. Brad Womack, this year's bachelor, rejected both Jenni Croft and DeAnna Pappas, leaving the last rose untouched. Brad rejected Jenni, watched her walk away, and then went on to say "There’s not a single thing that I’m looking for in my ideal wife that DeAnna does not possess." Once DeAnna stepped up to the podium along side him, he told her "I’m trying to tell you that I have so many feelings for you, and I want so badly to be so confident to pick you up and twirl you around and give you a diamond ring and spend my life with you, but I can’t look you in your eye and tell you that I love you. I can’t. I can’t give you any promise that I can’t keep. I refuse to do that." Then he did something no other Bachelor has ever done: rejected both women. “I have to tell you goodbye,” he said. DeAnna didn’t understand, which makes sense because he’d just said all these amazing things about her. “It just doesn’t sound right, to say that you do care about someone so much, but you’re willing to watch them walk away,” she said. During the reunion special last night Brad said, “It’s real hard for me to explain why I didn’t fall in love.”

No comments: