Saturday, November 24, 2007

Assignment #5

I found probably one of Long Island's biggest reality fans. Here is an interview with Dennis Bartlett:

Do you like reality television?
"Yes, I do enjoy watching shows that are unscripted."

Do you have a favorite reality show?
"Yes. My favorite show that I like to watch is Big Brother."

What do you like about it?
"Besides being a reality show, it's also a social experiment. I like seeing the dynamic of people being throwm into a house together for 3 months. The producers do a good job finding conflicting and interesting personalities that make for good drama. "

Have you watched Big Brother for most of the seasons that it has appeared on television?
"Yes, I've seen all of the seasons. The first season was not that good, but the produceres changed the show around to what it is today and made it more interesting, which brings me to watch it season after season."

Are you excited that the writers' strike may lead to more reality television or do you think this will just lead to an overload of reality on TV?
"Although I really enjoy reality television, too much of it, like anything else, is going to take the joy out of it."

Have you seen any of the shows that are being advertised for the upcoming season if the strike continues?
"Well, I did hear they are making a winter version of Big Brother. I really haven't heard anything else about new reality shows."

Are there any other reality shows that you watch besides Big Brother?
"Yes. I also love Survivor, The Amazing Race, and even shows like Hogan Knows Best and The Osbournes are interesting to me. Shows like Hogan Knows Best and The Osbournes are a different type of reality show, but they are really interesting because you get a glimpse into the real lives of some celebrities that you would normally only get in a public light."

No comments: