Monday, September 17, 2007

TV Take Over

Despite what people think, reality shows have been around for quite a few years. They trace all the way back to the early 80’s and 90’s, airing shows like Cops and The Real World. When Survivor came out, it was a huge hit, which led producers to create reality shows about anything and everything. There are so many different types of reality shows out there: documentary style shows, game shows, celebrity type reality shows, just to name a few. This continuing trend in America does not look like it will die down anytime soon. In fact, reality shows are getting bigger and more popular everyday.

Here is what Ezinearticle.com expert author Andre Bias wrote in her article “Reality TV Shows Taking Over Television” on Ezinearticle.com:


“If more and more reality shows get picked up less sitcoms will get picked up.
Dramas are just as popular as reality shows right now so networks won’t bet
against them. In sum, if you are not a big fan of reality shows you can sell
your television because it looks like networks will keep coming up with anything
and everything until they run out of ideas."

http://ezinearticles.com/?Reality-TV-Shows-Taking-Over-Television&id=218187



On another note, I am highly anticipating the Big Brother 8 finale this Tuesday (September 18). I have been following the show all summer long and I must say that I’m very happy with the people who made it to the final 2. I know quite a few fans of the show are disappointed with the final 2 (or so I read on the message boards of CBS.com) because fans don’t like the way Danielle and Dick have played the game. I want to completely disagree. Although I wasn’t always a fan of Dick myself, I think that Danielle did an amazing job in the game. She did what she had to do to get where she is. I believe that she was one of the most intelligent people in the house and I think that she deserves the money. So, I’m hoping that Danielle wins it all and I think she will.

No comments: