Thursday, October 18, 2007

Top Chef host "dishes out"




There was recently an article in People Magazine called "Eat, Play, Love." The article featured the reality show Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi talking about her new cookbook and her life after her divorce from author Salmon Rushdie. I thought it was an interesting article for anyone who's a fan of the show so I figured I would share with you guys. Padma shared with People Magazine that they have "teeth checks" on Top Chef after she tastes one of the chef's delicious dishes. "There's nothing worse than seeing me with a wad of spinach in between my teeth," she told People. Her second cookbook Tangy Tart Hot & Sweet features recipes inspired by her travels to Tanzania and Spain. This latest venture of hers was as much about society as it was fine dining. "With food, there's more that unites us than divides us. Take Asian and South American cooking- there's tamarind. cumin, cilantro, in both," Lakshmi told People. The book is dedicated to her then- husband author Salman Rushdie. The couple recently divorced. "He tasted every dish," said Lakshmi. For now, Padma Lakshmi is putting all her energy into Top Chef, the article says. "I can go into Chanel and walk out empty-handed, but if I go into a kitchen store, I'm in trouble," she told the magazine.











No comments: